Job vacancy Temp Accountant - Cape Town
Temporary / Contract
14 Aug, 2019
Temp Accountant - Cape Town
- Assistance with Debtors to prepare recons and assist with obtaining the +90 day overdue amounts.
- Assistance with reconciliations and preparation of schedules
- Assistance in preparing information for BAT completion statements.
- Assist Finance Manager in preparing the Namibia tax returns since inception i.e. 2016 to date
- VAT query
- Going back to 2017 and 2018 and restatement of VAT outflows and VAT inflows
- Preparing the SARS file
- Obtaining the source documentation
- Education and Experience Requirements:
- - Matric or NQF equivalent
- - Diploma/certificate in accounting
- - 3 – 5 years’ experience in an accounting or similar role
- - Proficient in Microsoft Office
- - Advanced Excel skills
- - Advanced knowledge of SAGE X3, or at the minimum advanced knowledge of a similar ERP system
- 1. Credit Card Statements & Expense Claims
- - Daily capturing of petty cash receipts, monthly reconciliation of petty cash.
- - Monthly reconciliation of all credit card statements to receipts, following up on any outstanding
- receipts and ensure that all required source documentation is provided and filed.
- - Ensure that all credit card statements are approved in terms of the company SOP.
- - All tasks are completed in terms of the Accounting month end checklist
- - Banking
- - Load monthly, weekly and ad-hoc payments timeously for authorization and oversee the payment
- - Prepare all Company Bank Reconciliations on a monthly basis and where required on a daily basis.
- 3. Kiosk Banking
- - Ensure that all deposit slips/credit card receipts are provided by the various kiosks on a daily
- - Daily reconciliation of kiosk receipts to sales as per Sage X3 including the preparation and
- follow up of the Kiosk banking control spreadsheet.
- - Follow up on all variances with the Retail Administration Manager and the Retail area managers.
- 4. Trade and corporate agreements
- a. Maintain and file all trade and corporate agreements
- 5. SAGE
- a. Upload all completed budgets and FRE’s into SAGE X3 and ensure completeness of data,
- 6. Balance Sheet reconciliations
- a. Complete all balance sheet reconciliations as allocated according to the Finance and Accounting
- Department Checklist including but not limited to;
- i. Accrued Liabilities
- ii. Provision Smollan
- iii. Loyalty provision
- v. Rebates and Allowances
- vi. Co-Op
- vii. Webstore control
- viii. Other debtors
- ix. Leave accruals
- x. Staff uniforms
- xi. Prepayments
- 7. Accounting
- a. Undertake various accounting specific tasks including
- i. Warranty credit note journals
- ii. Stock write offs
- iii. Advertising and marketing
- iv. Open PO schedule
- 8. Ad-hoc and other
- a. Complete all ad-hoc tasks as provided by the finance and accounting department requirements.
- b. Perform general accounting support tasks in the accounting department
- c. Assist with the Financial year end process.
- d. Assist management with Income Tax, VAT, and other accounting queries
- 9. Debtors
- a. Provide skilled backup to the Senior Debtors Controller and oversee certain debtor projects.
- Skills and Competencies:
- The abilities that the individual needs in order to perform this role effectively:
- - Detailed, and demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles and procedures. It would be
- considered preferential to have AGE X3, or similar ERP system experience.
- - Demonstrate and understanding of internal controls, systems and processes.
- - Attention to detail
- - Pro-active
- - Proven accounting experience
- - Excellent administrative abilities
- - Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- - A strong ability to prepare account reconciliations and to address matters in a timeous and
- complete manner.
- - Professional and confident communicator capable of dealing with staff at all levels
- - Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- - Good problem-solving skills
- - Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- - Ability to multitask and prioritize
- - Work accurately, meticulous and high attention to detail
- - Analytical and strong reconciliation skills
- - Enjoy working in a team, but also have the ability to work independently
Share this job offer
133 Paarl Street, Vasco Estate, Goodwood , Cape Town
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs