Job vacancy Senior Java Developer in South Africa
13 Aug, 2019
Senior Java Developer
Our Product team is highly committed to provide the most innovative and engaging sites to entertain our mobile users on a global scale. We are looking for an experienced Frontend Developer that, collaborating in this cross-functional and multicultural team, is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming.
- • BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- • 4+ years with JAVA
- • 2+ years with Erlang (Advantageous)
- • 3+ year’s experience with a scripting language like PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby etc.
- • 4+ years of Linux experience, preferably debian based
- • 4+ years with MySql
- • Complex SQL queries and database schema design
- • Experience with Amazon Web Services
- • Experience with modern server components (Memcache, Couchbase, RabbitMQ, etc)
- • Working in a collaborative team environment using tools like Git and Slack.
- • Knowledge of common web security vulnerabilities such as SQL Injection and XSS
- • Shell scripting (ksh, bourne, bash, csh, etc)
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- • Strong interpersonal skills
- • Willingness to interact with outside collaborators and partners regularly
- • Experience integrating open source and third-party applications into existing systems
- • Familiarity with source control systems such as Git, Subversion, etc
- • Scrum, Kanban, or other agile methodologies
- • Collaborating with engineering teams in multiple locations
- • Experience with application profilers
- • To work with a team of programmers developing and maintaining a mobile billing and messaging platform including its front- and back-end.
- • Working on Debian/AWS based servers with Java / Erlang in tight integration.
- • Develop and extend connections to mobile networks and aggregators all over the world, extend web-based APIs, work on server side applications for our CRM system and create PHP / Bash scripts to schedule tasks, maximize performance of integrations and lead technical communication with your opposites at mobile networks, aggregators and suppliers.
- • We expect you to take your own initiatives and responsibilities in our team and will put you in charge of some parts of our system.
- We are continually adding and improving our benefits but here are some of the perks we offer:
- • Private healthcare
- • Half Fridays
- • Complimentary catering and as much coffee as you can drink!
- Basebone is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
- By sending your CV, you give your explicit consent to BASEBONE for the treatment and storage of your personal data as required by the European Union General Data Protection Regulation
Share this job offer
PO Box 15507, Vlaeberg 8018
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs