Job vacancy Process Safety Engineer, Senior Manager - Oversight in Johannesburg
12 Apr, 2019
Process Safety Engineer, Senior Manager - Oversight
The successful incumbent will provide the necessary expertise in managing Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) of existing and new processes (projects) as required. Develop, implement and manage process safety Management (PSM) programs, lead technical investigations and root cause analyses, write operating and maintenance directives and assist in equipment reliability systems (mechanical integrity systems). Assess technical and design solutions against established standards and specifications in the area of process safety. Execution of technical oversight audits in petrochemical terminals and manage technical non-conformances. Manage activity based oversight inspections nationally.
- • Working knowledge of codes, standards and regulations of the OHSA including but not limited to SANS, ASME, NFPA,
- ANSI, etc.;
- • All relevant legislation pertaining to Occupational Safety, Health and Environment; as well as
- • Petrochemical facilities (OHS Act, National Ports Act, NERSA, etc.).
- • Project Management skills;
- • Change management;
- • Good administrative and organisational skills;
- • Prioritises;
- • Conflict management;
- • Problem solving;
- • Planning and organisational skills;
- • Multi-tasking;
- • Time management;
- • Practical implementation skills;
- • Identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- • Self-starter;
- • Energises others;
- • Balanced personality;
- • Able to work independently and within a team;
- • Confidentiality;
- • Decision making;
- • Customer focused;
- PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any
- suspicious activities in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056.
- • Patient;
- • Adaptable;
- • Strategic planning;
- • Tenacity;
- • Accurate;
- • Ability to network.
- • Willing to work extended working hours;
- • Willing to travel extensively locally and/or internationally if required;
- • Leadership competencies
- • Driver’s License (Code 08);
- • Excellent desktop skills and presentation skills.
- • Interpret all statutory requirements (including technical standards from international bodies) linked to any operational
- process for the development of standards specific to the Ports industry;
- • Review of applied engineering monitoring or control measures and the amendments or adaptation of these measures
- as required;
- Manage Process Safety engineering knowledge database to ensure that all Terminal License requirements and
- process safety elements are complied with;
- • Manage Engineering Quality standards program for all Terminal Operators;
- • Initiate, execute and lead the facilitation of PHAs/HAZOPs.
- • Manage Process Risk programs for Liquid Bulk Facilities;
- • Provide relevant expertise with respect to Process Safety Information (PSI), piping and instrumentation diagrams,
- equipment files, cause and effect diagrams, process flow diagrams, relief valve data, plot plans, etc.;
- • Manage and review Mechanical Integrity programs and make recommendations to enhance effectiveness;
- • Manage, coordinate and implement elements of Process Safety Management;
- • Manage Technical Oversight Audit program in terms of the National Ports Act via regular audits and support to Ports to
- ensure continuous improvement;
- • Provide relevant engineering expertise for oil and gas projects, Section 56 projects, existing facility upgrades and
- major maintenance overhauls, in the field of process safety management;
- • Conduct research for the development of standards, guidelines and directives in line with current and international best
- • Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators to track the progress of Process Safety Management
- (PSM) and other initiatives;
- • Provide expert advice to TNPA and specialist colleagues on process safety.
- Qualifications & Experience :
- • Matric;
- • Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering in Chemical Engineering;
- • Relevant expertise in process engineering; and or
- • Project management or necessary practical experience;
- • Registered with relevant professional body.
- Minimum Year’s Relevant Experience:
- • Proven technical skills that relate to plant and process safety with a minimum of 8-10 years’ relevant work experience
- of increasingly related responsibilities in the implementation and exploitation of process engineering;
- • Experience in petrochemical plant/manufacturing plant knowledge and design.
2019 Apr, 18 (-2 days left)
Share this job offer
Carlton Centre 150 Commisioner Street, 2001, Johannesburg
Apply for this Job
Unfortunately this job offer expired.
More Job Offers
See all jobs