Job Offer Chief Information Officer in Edenvale
Job TitleChief Information Officer
Designing and implementing an IT strategy that is aligned to business strategy.
- 1. In-depth knowledge of departmental priorities, development of IT strategies and business solutions, and the E-government policy framework consultation paper developed by GITO.
- 2. Extensive knowledge of implementing complex ICT infrastructure and applications projects is imperative.
- 3. World-class knowledge and understanding of all relevant legislation, regulations and prescripts (including human resources and Corporate Governance) as well as how this post contributes to the implementation of the NDP.
- 4. Insight into sector needs and business requirements.
- 5. Advanced programme and project management capability.
- 6. Sound communication skills.
- 7. A Degree in Computer Sciences (Information Technology), an undergraduate qualification of NQF Level 7 and a postgraduate qualification of NQF Level 8.
- 8. A valid driver’s licence.
- 9. 8-10 years’ experience at a senior managerial level in the Information Technology environment.
- 10. An MBL or MBA will be an added advantage.
- 1. Establishing and ensuring maturity levels of IT Governance structures that facilitate decision-making
- 2. Developing appropriate architecture frameworks, standards and policies aligned to the Department
- 3. Promoting human capital development within the Branch, including sourcing skillful and competent resources.
- 4. Developing modern supporting Information Management and Technology solutions.
- 5. Fostering value-adding, trusted relationships with all stakeholders.
- 6. Advising the Accounting Officer on matters that have strategic and financial implications.
- 7. Ensuring innovation in the implementation of service delivery solutions.
- 8. Keeping the departmental strategic plan top-of-mind, ensuring effective resource management and controlling business agreements and SLAs.
- 9. Effectively managing people, including developing strategic skills and fostering world-class delivery.
- 10. Effectively promote good practice.
- Interesting and Challenging work environment.
1.4m / annum
11 Saint Dominic road, Hurleyvale, Edenvale, 1609, Edenvale
Browse All Jobs